The CIPA2021 (the 28th CIPA) Symposium will be held from August 28th to September 1st, 2021 at Tsinghua University, Beijing, China，in Hybrid format (online + offline). The English language is the only language available in this symposium. This symposium will be hosted by Tsinghua University (THU), ICOMOS China, Beijing Tsinghua Heritage Institute for Digitization (THID), Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture (BUCEA).
The theme of the CIPA2021 symposium is “Great Learning & Digital Emotion”. “Great Learning” is a concept put forward by Confucius, the famous Chinese philosopher, which means that people should have macro and systematic ideas for learning and practice to realize the common enhancement of knowledge and human nature. “Digital Emotion” means that through the use of digital technology to stimulate public emotional interaction and empathy, so as to enhance the relationship between people and the cultural heritage.
The topics of the CIPA2021 symposium will cover the following 6 aspects. In addition, each aspect will include 4 to 6 topics. Please go to the [Call for Papers] column or [Session] for details.
(1) Collecting and Inventorying Data of Monuments and Sites;
(2) Management of Heritage Data and Preventive Conservation;
(3) Interpretation and Presentation of Cultural Heritage;
(4) Digitalization of Cultural Heritage in Post-Pandemic Era;
(5) Ethical Value and Public Participation;
(6) Cultural Heritage Outreached in the 21st Century.
The online registration fee will cover the symposium online or hybrid session activities or oral presentation or paper publication by ISPRS Annals or Archives, and no refund.
(1) Regular Registration Fee: 120€/1000RMB;
(2) CIPA Member Registration Fee: 100€/800RMB;
(3) Student Registration Fee: 60€/500RMB.
All the participants have to pay an online registration fee which will cover the symposium online or hybrid session activities or oral presentation or paper publication by ISPRS Annals or Archives, and no refund.
(1) March 30th 2021：Deadline for registration and abstract submission;
(2) May 30th 2021：Notification of accepted abstracts;
(3) June 30th 2021：Deadline for full paper submission;
(4) July 30th 2021：Notification of oral presentations;
(5) August 15th 2021：Detailed program of the session;
(6) August 28th 2021：Opening of the symposium.